[TYPO3] how to know news creator

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Tue Aug 14 21:30:46 CEST 2007

Katja Lampela wrote:
>  > Thanks much for your quick hint, Katja.  That's right, I forgot the
> little
>>  plus sign could turn on the fields to show for each news item.  The only
>> inconvenience is if the author field is not filled in by news editor when
>> the news article is created, turning on 'author' won't help any.  Seems
>> like '[cruser_id]' can tell who created the news item, but it's
>> represented in not so straightforward digit format.  Is there any quick
>> way to find out the creator's name a cruser_id maps to?
>
> I don't know --- I wonder if there is a way to force author field
> automatically filled by the be user name.. sorry, don't know.

Extension:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cron_setdefaultauthor/0.1.0/

(not tested but description looks like it solves your problem)

Also, those lines will force the "author" field to be fill:

Add those 2 lines to /typo3conf/extTables.php :

    t3lib_div::loadTCA("tt_news");
    $TCA['tt_news']['columns']['author']['config']['eval'] = 'required';

Not tested but should be ok.

Patrick