[TYPO3] Image Wrap

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:10:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/14/07, Loek Hilgersom <hilgersom at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi Mads,
>
> The 'problem' is XHTML strict:
>
> 4.2. Element and attribute names must be in lower case
> XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
> names.
> This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g. <li> and
> <LI>
> are different tags. [1]
>
> ....and Typo3 which isn't exactly XHTML strict yet.
> css_styled_content uses capitals for all tags in the stylesheet -
> unfortunately
> - and lowercase characters for in the (X)HTML output. Not really
> consequent.
>
> You can either change that stylesheet and include your own modified
> version, or
> change your doctype. Getting it all to work perfectly in XHTML strict
> requires a
> bit more handwork, unfortunately.

Loek, I was skeptical that that was the source of Mads' problem--the w3c
validator doesn't even throw a warning for uppercase tag names in selectors
[1]. A quick test in Firefox seemed to confirm that you were right, but then
I found two things:

1. Safari--arguably the most standards-compliant browser anywhere at this
time--has no such rendering problem
2. I have an xhtml 1.0 strict site that uses "Text with image" content
elements extensively (sorry, they're non-public), with no similar problems

Without deconstructing the entire CSS for the site, I'd have to guess that
Mads' problem is related somehow to the other CSS in the stylesheet (though
aside from one small error, the entire stylesheet is valid)...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1]