[TYPO3] menu background

Andrius Kalasinskas tinklapis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 18:36:05 CEST 2007

Hi all,

My name is Andrius, i am from Vilnius, Lithuania. Pretty the same as Rik
in a threat above - I am new to this newsgroup. Im not professional
developer - I create websites as a hobby. However I do that for 3 years
and all that websites are based on Typo3.

I decided to ask help here becouse I cant find right answer in
tutorials. Its regarding vertical menu.

Attached you will see to images: menu1.jpg - current result and
menu1ok.jpg - this is how it should look like. Problem - in case there
are subpages in menu, background image does not covers all menu items.
This background image probobly should be "splited" somehow to move down
whe menu button...

This is how my menu code look in typo3 template setup:
# Leftside Navigation
    subparts.LEFTNAV = HMENU
    subparts.LEFTNAV.entryLevel = 0
    subparts.LEFTNAV.1 = TMENU
    subparts.LEFTNAV.1 {
expAll = 0
NO.allWrap = <div class="leftnav"> | </div>
}

I have table css class within html template. This is where subpart
LEFTMENU is putted in.  This class simple use that background image.

Maybe someone has any examples how it should me made in right way?

Best Regards,
Andrius