[TYPO3] chc forums vs vbulletin

Moritz Rogalli moritz.rogalli at komma.info
Sat Aug 11 00:40:10 CEST 2007

leroy pushpins schrieb:
> Some newbie questions. I'm looking to migrate a vBulletin forum to a CHC
> forum. Including moving user profiles and vBulletin functionality. Has
> anyone had experience doing this? Any precautions/recommendations? Also in
> vBulletin you can use custom BBEdit codes, does CHC have anything like that?
>
> And finally, we want to display active forum users on our homepage. Similar
> to what they have on this page:
> http://mashable.com/
>
> Is this doable using CHC forum? Anyone seen it in action? Any ideas abt how
> it's done?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leroy

Hi Leroy,

try mm_forum, it's a very good bulletin board for typo3. I tried to
install chc and it still got some major bugs and it looks like
chc-development has stopped.

mm_forum does not feature vbulletin-import but I think it should be
straight forward.

I think the best solution is to integrate vbulletin since vbulletin is
the most sophisticated bulletin-board I know. afaik there's an extension
for that.

Moritz Rogalli