[TYPO3] Mailform Plus - Default Form Values not working

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:12:45 CEST 2007

I'm trying to get some fields in a Mailform Plus form to pre-fill with
defaults and I'm getting nowhere.

I've got ###value_fieldName### markers in my template for the
post-back in case there's a validation error, and that's working just
fine, but I can't get *default* values to appear in the fields when
the form loads.

The manual says this:

plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.fieldConf.[name of inputfield]

Followed up with :

.defaultValue  (Typoscript TEXT object)

This lead me to believe that, if my field is called 'additionalInfo'
that this would provide a default value:

plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.fieldConf.additionalInfo.defaultValue = TEXT
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.fieldConf.additionalInfo.defaultValue.value
= Additional Comments

It appears I was wrong, as this does not work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, as this is driving me bananas!

Many thanks,
Denyerec
--
-------