[TYPO3] Crawl only new or modified pages

Diego Pino Garcia dpino at igalia.com
Tue Aug 7 18:27:14 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I just set up a new site. I crawled the whole site and indexed its
contents via crawler extension. Now, I want to set up a regular task,
via Cron for instance, that will reindex new or modified pages.

I know is possible to launch crawler using the command line, and I know
it is even possible to feed up the url list and process it straight
away. The point is that I do not know how to tell cli_dispatch.phpsh how
to fetch only those url for "new pages" or "modified pages".

I know there is a feature that, when it is enabled, indexes new pages as
they are first time accessed from the FE. Maybe I am done with this, so
I do not need to set a cron task. But, anyway, I would like to know how
to launch command-line crawler to index only modified and new pages added.

Any help will be highly appreciate.

Best regards,

Diego

PS: Reindexing the whole site everyday may not seem a good idea, since
it is a rather large site.