[TYPO3] Dynamic TS?

Bill Stoltz bstoltz81 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 6 02:23:35 CEST 2007

Hello list.

I want to make an extension that would allow a non-admin BE user to be
able to change colors in the template, and also select from a couple
pre-determined menu formats, or upload a background image.

The idea is to give users more control over the color and look of their
pages, within pre-defined template limits. And not having to give them
admin access to the entire site.

I have search the list and web and I have not found any good examples of
anything like this.

My current thinking is either find some hooks (not sure this will even
work) or something like Dynamic TypoScript?  I have seen the Dynamic CSS
extension, which uses markers in your CSS file, and preprocessed the
file to make the changes dynamic.

I am wondering how I could make TS dynamic.  So, if a BE user edited
something in a module or updated a content element, that that I could
have an extension update the PAGE TEMPLATE TS?

for example, the user is give a choice of 2 menus, one text, other
graphical. based on what they select I would update

page.10.subparts.menu_1 < lib.textmenu
or
page.10.subparts.menu_1 < lib.gmenu

This seems easy as admin in the BE template module. Just edit the
record. done.

But are there any examples of extensions doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Bill Stoltz