[TYPO3] Newspaper looking for a CMS

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Aug 3 19:28:43 CEST 2007

Hey Dan,

If you really want to go for PHP then I think TYPO3 is the best choice.
Just be prepared for your situation to do custom extensions
for your specific situation. TYPO3 is that good in handling
large number of records 'out of the box'. You mention
that you will have 1.5mil records.
I would suggest leave that in your current DB since properly
that is correctly normalized. I know situations
that typo3 can really slow down because they way the DB is organized (as
a flat file system... basically). Also be prepared that the default
search system will not fit your needs because of slowness and
they way it works. There are patches for that, or use other tools
like MnoGoSearch.

basically I am saying, in your situation typo3 will not work out of
the box.
but I think that TYPO3 is the better solution over other CMS systems.

Ries