[TYPO3] Indexing external files with crawler

Jan Hančič jan.hancic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:28:20 CEST 2007

Hello everybody!

I am setting up a site with typo3 on ubuntu (both latest version). Ubuntu is
loaded as a virtual machine if that makes any difference for my situation.
All is working except indexing of external files. Now I don't know if I just
don't understand how this is suppose to work, or if I miss-configured
something.

I have followed this tutorial: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_crawler

Now:
- I have installed all the programs for parsing (pdfinfo, unzip, ...)
- I have installed php5-cli
- I have setup the cron job for typo3conf/ext/crawler/cli/crawler_cli.phpsh,
and guessing from the log files it is running
- I have created the _cli_crawler BE user
- I have put the TSconfig from the link above in to my root page
- I have created a not in menu page under the root page
- I have created a indexing configuration (type=external files) on the above
page, that points to "files/" under fileadmin (must I type
"fileadmin/files/" or is "files/" enough?)

Now I have tried something: I have created a simple content and created a
link to a PDF file that is somewhere in fileadmin. If I then go to
Web->Info->Crawler and click refresh next to the page that the content is on
(and after that click refresh on all the entries that appear bellow that
page), I can find that file using search in FE (so indexing of files works).

But I can't figure out how to configure the crawler to index files under
"fileadmin/files/" automatically (say every day at a given hour).
Can somebody please help me with this? I have been struggling with this for
a couple of days now without much success.

--
lp
Jan Hančič