[TYPO3] Newspaper looking for a CMS

Osipov Dan dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Fri Aug 3 17:52:36 CEST 2007

Hello,

We are a newspaper site, currently with 1.5 million articles, with
hundreds added every day. Our site has separate features, like blogs,
photo galleries, static content, etc. We get close to 20 million hits a
month.
Right now we are looking for a new CMS system base on top of which we
will build custom modifications to fit our site. Can you tell us if
Typo3 would be a good choice for our type of site? What kind of hardware
would we need to support our traffic? Is there a better choice for a CMS
for us (open-source or commercial)?
I am not scared by the complexity of it, as long as it gets the job
done.

Please let us know your ideas, or if you know any helpful sites we could
look at.