[TYPO3] Ajax in BE module

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Thu Aug 2 20:59:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I would like to use some ajax in BE module of my extension. Is there
> any tutorial/doc how to develop ajax server-side scripts in TYPO3 BE?
> Or does someone know any extension using ajax in BE module?

all output of BE module is handled in mod/index.php. It's not the same
as in FE, where only a part of a page is handled by extension. Therefore
you can choose whether to output XML or HTML based on query string
parameter. I mean:

index.php?output=ajax

if (!empty($_GET['output']) && $_GET['output']=='ajax') {
	$this->content = $this->outputXML();
} else {
	$this->content = $this->outputHTML();
}

I haven't tried, but AFAIK it should work.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech