[TYPO3] migrating custom extensions from 3.7.0 setup to 4.1.1 - how?

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 20:32:30 CEST 2007

Hi Tomasz,

I've done a number upgrades from Typo3 3.6, 3.7 & 3.8 to 4.x, here are a
few tips:

- Use a clean version of the latest dummy install (4.1.2) and copy over
all of your assets (fileadmin, typo3conf, uploads) rather than reusing
the old structure.

- Once you've installed the latest sources (4.1.2) run the 'Compare'
function of the 'Database Wizard' tool in the 'Install tool'. A number
of core tables (be_users, pages & tt_content) have changed in between
3.7 and 4.1.2. This should take care of all the updates for you.

 From past experience the whole upgrade process is extremely smooth.

Let me know if you have problems.

Regards,

Oliver