[TYPO3] Advanced userFunc Condition

Vikram Mandal vikram at fivee.in
Wed Aug 1 11:40:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

Nick Weisser wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to use the following TypoScript condition in my TypoScript setup:
>
> # submenu only shows if more than one subpage
> # exists on the next level of the page tree
> [userFunc = user_match(checkLevels)]
> lib.submenu2 = HMENU
> [...]
> [end]
>
> I've added the following user function to typo3conf/localconf.php as
> suggested by TSref:
>
> function user_match($cmd) {
> 	switch($cmd) {
> 	case 'checkLevels':
> 		if ("PID has more then one subpage") {
> 			return true;
> 		 }
> 	 break;
> 	}
> }
>
> I wonder if class.t3lib_treeview.php's getCount method can do the trick?
>
> t3lib_treeView->getCount($uid)
>
> How would I add this method to the user function above? Is this at all
> possible or does this require its own extension?

You can probably create a user function is some script and perform the
check in the database.

Not sure if t3lib_treeView->getCount($uid) will work as this has
references to BE user objects.

function init($clause='', $orderByFields='')	{
$this->BE_USER = $GLOBALS['BE_USER'];	// Setting BE_USER by default

regards,
Vikram