[TYPO3] Moving content elements in draf workspaces

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Apr 30 12:32:13 CEST 2007

Arne Schmitz schrieb:
> When trying to move a content element from one page to another in my draft
> workspace I always get an error message like: "Move attempt failed due to
> workspace restrictions". What do I have to change to enable cut-and-paste
> of content elements in draft or custom workspaces?

Make sure that both the target and the source page are versioned in the WS.

You can use either use a page version for both of them or use a branch
version. If you happen to have element versions on your page you must
publish them first, so that you can create page versions. Do NOT try to
create a branch version on a branch that contains element or page versions
as they will be "shadowed".

Now you can move around your elements. Note that you have to publish the
two pages version at the same time, otherwise you're content either
vanishes or duplicates (depending on which page you publish). There is no
such restriction if you use ONE branch version that covers both pages.

Masi