[TYPO3] install tool doesn't update database

Joerg Wagner jwagner at digilog.de
Wed Apr 25 19:31:16 CEST 2007

Christoph,

does the install tool show you something like
    ALTER TABLE be_groups CHANGE title title varchar(50) NOT NULL default
'';
    Current value: varchar(50) binary default ''
???
(Note the "binary" in the Current value line)

If so you have probably set the collation of your Typo3 MySQL db to
latin1_bin.
The install tool is not prepared for that. Try to change the collation of
the DB and of all tables and columns to something like latin1_german1_ci .
Best way to do this:
Dump the db,
erase all occurrences of  "COLLATE latin1_bin",
change all occurrences of  "COLLATE=latin1_bin" to
"COLLATE=latin1_german1_ci",
delete all tables from the db and reimport.

Hope that helps.
--
Jörg Wagner.

news:mailman.1.1173231574.5216.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...