[TYPO3] Trouble with 4.1, xhtml and validator.w3.org

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Mon Apr 23 21:53:42 CEST 2007

JoH asenau schrieb:
>> [...]
>>> Well - usually the wrap around headers already _is_ a <div> and it
>>> is set here
>>>
>>> lib.stdheader.stdWrap.dataWrap = <div class="csc-header
>>> csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</div>
[...]

> I bet it's the "Accessible Content" extension that changes the default wrap

No, according to the Typo Script Object Browser it's css_styled_content
defining lib.stdheader.stdWrap.dataWrap = <span class="csc-header
csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</span>

I changed it to lib.stdheader.stdWrap.dataWrap = <div class="csc-header
csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</div> which solved my problem
for now. (this time I used the Object browser which produced far better
results than trying the same by hand... maybe it's better to add this
line at the end of the "Setup" than place it at the beginning)

Right now the website seems to validate quite well.

> from <div>
> to <span>, which is no good idea, since a span should be inside a <hX> and
> not vice versa.

Definitely. I wonder if that is a general error of css_styled_content
Version 0.3.1 or if I somehow managed to break it. For example by
accidentally installing an old version of "Accessible Content" and
updating it later on. This might have an influence (at least IMHO ;)
since the old version was replacing major parts of css_styled_content
(which was not that good for accessibility those days) while the new one
is doing much less (css_styled_content became better).

> HTH

After all it did ;-)

Regards
     Peter