[TYPO3] Trouble with 4.1, xhtml and validator.w3.org

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Apr 23 11:25:07 CEST 2007

>>> My typo3-Website (4.1) is set to xhtml 1.0 transitional. But the
> [...]
>>> --> it's wrapping the <h1>-tag into a span. There aren't many tags
>>> the validator likes to seen in a span - even more in xhtml.
>>
>> Well - usually the wrap around headers already _is_ a <div> and it
>> is set here
>>
>> lib.stdheader.stdWrap.dataWrap = <div class="csc-header
>> csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</div>
>
> Putting that into my base template crashes the whole website. It
> doesn't seem to be able to evaluate "{cObj:parentRecordNumber}" in a
> sensible way. But I guess I did something wrong.
>
>> If this is not the case with your TYPO3 install somebody (you?) must
>> have changed it in one of the TS templates.
>
> It could be one of the extensions. CSS-Styled content (not likely) and
> "Accessible Content" are installed (the latter comes with a book about
> accessibility). It's not likely that they did it on purpose, of
> course. I will have to check that.

I bet it's the "Accessible Content" extension that changes the default wrap
from <div>
to <span>, which is no good idea, since a span should be inside a <hX> and
not vice versa.
So could you please disable this extension and check if the <span> remains?
If not we can try to find a way to correct the behaviour of this particular
extension, so that
a) the <div> will return or
b) the span will move into the <hX>

while b) might produce other problems since the corresponding CSS would need
a rewrite too.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian