[TYPO3] Quota problem when hosting typo3 in a linux box

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:31:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/22/07, Gideon So <gideonso at livingwater.org.hk> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
>         Would you please explain this more to me?? Is the same as running php
> with suexec?? Or this is another module I have to add to apache?? I
> googled and found many results but I found no where teach me how to
> configure a web server. I am using Fedora Core 6...

I don't really know anything about the implementation, just the
results. Php scripts are now executed as the account owner instead of
nobody/apache/www etc, php directives are no longer permissible in
.htaccess (use php.ini files instead), and permissions can be made
more restrictive (e.g. localconf.php could be 600). This also means
when setting up new web apps, the software always has write access to
files regardless of whether they were added via ftp or by some php
process.

A quick look around turned up a tutorial [1]--but I have no opinion
about its quality :-)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/