[TYPO3] LONG: help ! how to get css drop down menus working in typo3 on firefox and internet explorer?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:26:35 CEST 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:04:52 +0200, dave typo wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] LONG: help ! how to get css drop down menus
working in typo3 on firefox and internet explorer?":

> the dropdown menus work on an html page in firefox without javascript,
> and do not work on a typo3 powered page. However, I am not sure if
> typo3 is getting a javascript error, how can I enable them, to check
> if javascript errors are occuring?
>
> I have gotten the code to work in FF without javascript, but i think
> that might just lead to trouble once within typo3.
>
> so, off subject a little there, but how do i check for javascript errors?

there is a javascript-console in FF on the tools-menu (last menu before the
help-menu for naming differences in other languages). At least in my
installation. Maybe it is installed only in the adhanced developer-version
including DOM-Inspector.

If you have it: start it and normaly it is full of error-messages. But
there is a button to delete all entries. If you call your page after the
clearing you will just see the errors occuring on this page.

Bernd
--
http://www.bernd-wilke.net