[TYPO3] how do we grant instant or a one day pass for new users

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:52:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/20/07, Praveen Chakravadhanula <praveen at picturesqueweb.com> wrote:
> hey hi
> i am working on a news site. what we are trying to do is , when a customer
> subscribes for membership we want to give them instant access or a one day
> pass until their membership is confirmed by the site admin. and once the
> membership is confirmed they shoud be able to have access for a whole year
> . the membership can be renewed every year.
>
> i am using frontend user registration( sr_feuser_register) ext.  i have
> already created a usergroup OneDayPass . so that when a new customer signs
> up he/she will be automatically placed in this usergroup. my Problem how to
> give them access for one day until they are approved by the site admin.
>
> can anyone plz help me out. i am kinda stuck. i really appreciate it .
> thanx praveen

Check the the sr_feuser_register manual's section on hooks [1].
Effectively what you need to do is run a bit of php code on creation
of the user record that sets the current time in the user record's
start field and the current time + 24h in the user record's stop
field.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/