[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Safari

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 20 17:05:15 CEST 2007

> Hello all,

> Bing Du schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Typo3 4.0.6
>> rtehtmlarea 1.3.9
>> Mac OS X 10.4.9
>> Safari 2.0.4
>>
>> On the back end, the editor is just a plain text box.  Anybody know how
>> make rtehtmlarea work in Safari?  Thanks much in advance for any ideas.
>>
>> Bing
>

> I have the same problem with a client of mine. I do remember reading a
> while ago that rtehtmlarea had problems with a browser (I think it was
> Safari) but I could not find anything about that in the documentation...
> Does anyone have a clue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick Scholman

Glad I'm not alone.  Based on the changelog in the rtehtmlarea manual,
early version of rtehtmlarea (0.5?) did have some issues with Safari 1.3.
But looks to me the RTE should at least come up but just with some missing
functions in Safari.  I also checked the rtehtmlarea codes, safari is
listed as one of the supported browsers.  Most of our Mac users use Safari
2.0.4.  One uses 1.3 but rtehtmlarea shows up as a text without extra
functions too.

Bing