[TYPO3] LONG: help ! how to get css drop down menus working in typo3 on firefox and internet explorer?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:31:06 CEST 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:26:40 +0200, dave typo wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] LONG: help ! how to get css drop down menus working
in typo3 on firefox and internet explorer?":

> Hello all, I have struggled with drop down menus in typo3. So thank
> you all in advance for your input and experience.
>
> How can i get a css based drop down menu to work in typo3? It works
> completely fine on a regular html page, but once the page is within a
> typo3 site the dropdown menu no longer works when a user rolls over
> the visible list (the dropdown menu does still work in opera, but not
> in firefox or in internet explorer)
>
> is there any code that needs to be placed within typo3 to get the css
> dropdown rollovers to work? Or is it impossible to use css-based drop
> down menus within typo3?

depending on your realisation (normaly firefox doesn't need javascript, but
then you have to double some CSS-declaration) normaly the menu doesn't work
in IE.

The hint needed: look wether there is a javascipt-error.
in some projects the fly-out-menu stopped working at the moment another
script on the page terminated with an error. no further javascript is
executed.
You may configure your browser to ignore errors.
And: One browser may run smoothly, the other one will stumble over the same
instructions.

Changing from a pure html-page to typo3 may include a lot of javascript.
Look at it.

Bernd
--
http://www.bernd-wilke.net