[TYPO3] how to upgrade system extension rtehtmlarea?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Apr 18 19:30:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

Typo3 4.0.6.
rtehtmlarea 1.3.9 (system)

I'm trying to upgrade rtehtmlarea to the latest version 1.4.4.  1.4.2 is
the latest version of rtehtmlarea in TER.  I downloaded the 1.4.4
rtehtmlarea t3x file from typo3.org.  But in the extension manager, there
are only two options  for uploading, one is upload to typo3/ext as global
ext and the other one is upload to typo3conf/ext as local.  How should I
overwrite the rtehtmlarea in typo3/sysext with the new version?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bing