[TYPO3] translation of time and date format in tt_news

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:14:11 CEST 2007

Hi.

I am developing a multilanguage site and have a question that relate to
tt_news.

I want to set a different time and date format each language.

So far I have tried this:

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
     	displayList {
		date_stdWrap.strftime= %d.%m.%y TEST
     		time_stdWrap.strftime= %H:%M TEST
	}
[global]

And in inserted it after the original code that looks like this:

displayList {
     age_stdWrap.age = 1
     textNewsAge_stdWrap.wrap =
     date_stdWrap.strftime= %d.%m.%y
     time_stdWrap.strftime= %H:%M

     # Don't display caption in List view
     caption_stdWrap.if.directReturn = 0

     title_stdWrap.wrap =
     subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.crop = 285 | ... | 1
     subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
     author_stdWrap.wrap =
     imageCount=1
     imageWrapIfAny =

     category_stdWrap.wrap = <div class="news-list-category"> | </div>
     imgAltTextField = imagecaption

     linkTitleField = title
     linkTitleField.wrap =
     linkAltField = short
     linkAltField.wrap =
   }

When I use this approach the inserted code simply overwrites the the
default in both languages! So both the default and the second language
get the same time and date format.

Any suggestions on how to achieve a correct translation?

Thanks.

/Morten