[TYPO3] On diff patches again - comments

Corrado support at eeos.biz
Mon Apr 16 14:42:09 CEST 2007

I think that if we have a compare / diff file we solve all the problems:

1) we do not need many versions: we need only the patches to move from one
version to the next. You can apply a chain of patches is necessary. For
example: from 403 to 404, from 404 to 405, from 405 to 410, from 410 to
411. Every time you produce a news version, you only produce 1 patch, the
patch from the last version to the new version Exactly as it happens for
the linux kernel for example.

2) we can automatise updates without absorbing too much bandwidth, having a
section in the back end which allow us to update the core as we update the
extensions

Best,

Corrado
--