[TYPO3] Custom Extension development

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Apr 11 19:36:59 CEST 2007

Trevor McCartney

> I'm working on a Typo3 installation in which the client wants a custom content page editor so they can select from drop downs and fields information that will be displayed in the content area.

content element types can select from dropdown
and they can be extended

>Through this interface they would also select the pages they would like the new content to appear on

As default Typo3 doesn't support this idea. Using 'Insert record' users
can use the same content in several pages. Content can also "slide".

Desired functionality can't be set for all content element types. The
behavior works only for plugins, which supports this system,
for example 'macina_banners'.
In this case admin puts id/marker into template and users can
select, what page banner images/flash navigations are visible in the
place of the marker/id.

If you want this for text/image content, you must create plugin for that.