[TYPO3] Why is header date not in the csc-header div

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:05:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/9/07, Roelof Wobben <rwobben at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A part from my outputfile looks like this :
>
> <!--  Header: [begin] -->
> ?</h1>
>                 <!--  Header date: [begin] -->
>                 <!--  Header date: [end] -->

<snip>

> If a look with firebug it looks like that header-date is not in the
> csc-header div.
> I need that because i want to put both on the same line.
>
> What went wrong here ?

Well, the first thing that's wrong is your explanation of the problem.
The two claims you make above cannot possibly BOTH be true. The header
date is very clearly in the div in the html code you've provided
above.

What I suspect is happening is simply that you haven't got the
/visual/ result you expected, is that correct? If so, the problem is
not TYPO3 related at all, but is a CSS problem. I would suggest doing
a bit of research into the difference between inline elements (such as
e.g. span) and block level elements (such as h1, p and div). Briefly,
you will either need to use your css to treat the elements in side the
div as inline elements or use positioning to put the two elements side
by side.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/