[TYPO3] Commerce Payment Capabilities

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Fri Sep 29 16:23:28 CEST 2006

Francois Suter wrote:
> I think what we really need is something similar to paymentlib, but
> which runs with PHP4.

I think all PHP4 development should be discouraged at all costs.  What's
going to happen when PHP6 comes out?  It's really not difficult to
upgrade clients to PHP5, there are only a few upward compatibility
issues that usually point to bad php3/4 code anyway.

Keep in mind we can add paymentlib support into Commerce ourselves if
they refuse to do so, either as a patch or a fork.  I imagine if they
received a contribution that allowed users to chose between paymentlib
or their built-in solution, they would accept it, but who knows, with
their weird closed development model, no public cvs, etc.  The whole
project is a bit of a mystery.

Definitely hope to see paymentlib move forward!  This could really turn
into a general PEAR extension that could be used not only with typo3 but
any PHP application...

Ryan