[TYPO3] ODBC Woes...

Daniel Smedegaard Buus daniel at polyteknisk.it
Fri Sep 29 11:55:38 CEST 2006

Okay, I think I'm pretty close, but not quite... I'm trying to get TYPO3
to connect to my sucky MS SQL Server 2005 Express thing.

I've added this to localconf.php:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] .= ',adodb,dbal';

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['handlerCfg'] = array (
    '_DEFAULT' => array (
        'type' => 'adodb',
        'config' => array(
            'driver' => 'odbc_mssql'
        )
    )
);

$typo_db_username = 'sa';
$typo_db_password = 'tux';
$typo_db_host = 'typo3db';
$typo_db = '';

When accessing the TYPO3 installation in my browser (localhost/t3t/), I get:

Warning: odbc_pconnect() [function.odbc-pconnect
<http://localhost/t3t/function.odbc-pconnect>]: SQL error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] *Data source name not found and no
default driver specified*, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\t3t\typo3\sysext\adodb\adodb\drivers\adodb-odbc.inc.php
on line 81
Database Error
The current username, password or host was not accepted when the
connection to the database was attempted to be established!

I have the DSN thing set up. The data source's name is "typo3db", it
uses SQL Server authentication, it is set to use a database I created
called "typo3", and testing the data source yields a success message.

php.ini has odbc things setup (except for the three lines with "not yet
implemented" in them) and "extension=php_mssql.dll" is uncommented.

I'm confused. Please help :'(

Thanks,
Daniel :)