[TYPO3] horizontal menu kills subparts.content

Tim Boesenkool boesenkool at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:27:08 CEST 2006

Hey List

I've got a problem I've been working through for a couple days.
I'm trying to add a horizontal dropdown menu to a site. I've most
recently been working with the suckerfish menu, I've tried M Cohens
Tuts, and I've even tried implementing some Dreamweaver dropdowns.

The problem I keep running into is once I get the menu in the template
and working, it kills my content and i just end up with the
###content_left### ###content_right### etc place markers.
I could include the code for suckerfish but thats pretty much just
straight off the resources online. I suspect then the problem may lie
elsewhere. (I've taken over this project and I think I've worked out
all the legacy bugs.)

my html is:

cellspacing="10" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
id="col_normal">###content_normal###</div></td>
id="col_left">###content_left###</div></td>
id="col_right">###content_right###</div></td>

and my ts is:

   subparts.content < styles.content.get
    subparts.content_normal < styles.content.get
    subparts.content_left < styles.content.getLeft
    subparts.content_right < styles.content.getRight

which looks odd to me but it works.

I've done a thorough amount of research, but there is obviously
something I'm missing. Any help or direction to resources is
appreciated.
Be gentle, I'm a padawan coder.

Regards