[TYPO3] 'Symlinking' on Windows to reduce eAccelerator mem load?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Sep 28 21:18:39 CEST 2006

Hi!

Ryan Hayle wrote:
> Um...switch to a real OS? Seriously, the idea of running either Apache
> or PHP on a broken Windows system for -production- is a little scary.  I
> know people do it for development, which is fine (if not entirely
> frustrating), but for an actual server it is just crazy.  If you can't
> change it, then you have my sympathy.
>
> In any case, like you said Windows XP does support their messed up
> version of "symlinks" abd you're also right that eAccelerator will no
> doubt not recognize them.  I think you would have to hack eAccelerator
> to identify these "junctions."

Please, be serious. Saying "broken Windows" or "messed up version of
symlinks" is good to talk in campus but not in technical forum.

Windows do not have symlinks, it have junction points. And it is
operationg system that used in many large companies and agencies. Saying
"broken" about it is simply unprofessional.

Typo3 is developed primarily on Linux (and I use Linux as server) but it
can be used on Windows without any problem. I have no answer about
junction points & eAccelerator but otherwise typo3 runs perfectly fine
on Windows.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/