[TYPO3] workspace DB mount permission poblem

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Sep 28 14:09:09 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have the following situation:

Extranet (versioned via custom WS)
Intranet (not versioned)

The editor shall permission to change content in the Intranet (LIVE).
Therefore they get permissions for LIVE and a DB mount to it.

They shall also have permissions to change and publish content in the
Extranet (WS only). So they become members of the WS.

But now I have a problem as I don't want them to get access to the Extranet
in LIVE. But even if I force a DB mount on the WS they would need a mount
on the Extranet (rule: user mounts must be inside WS mounts). Unfortunately
this leads to the fact that they get LIVE access to the Extranet.

Any suggestions to set up a set of WS, groups and permission set to solve
the riddle?

Masi

PS: IMHO it would make sense to have an option that forces the DB mounts of
the WS regardeless of the user WS settings.