[TYPO3] Difficulty in integrating language menu in templavoila

Jorge Lino je.lino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:28:17 CEST 2006

Hello.

I have a difficulty to which I am unable to find a solution, so I
thought of asking you.

I am doing a site with templavoila. I want to integrate multi
language capacities. I tried the method described on typo3 ( http://
typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/multi-language-sites-in-typo3/ ),
it didn't work. So I found some explanations on wikipedia and on this
mailing list's archives, I was able to put the translating system to
work. When I put the direct links to all translations in the browser
address bar, it works perfectly.

However, I am unable to integrate a language menu in the frontend
pages, so that the language choice can be done inside the site, and
not through the address bar. I found this extension
sr_language_menu , and it seems to be very easy to apply (create a
language selector content, then applying it to the template, but I
don't think the method is the same as templavoila). I must be missing
some detail. Could somebody give me a hint on how integrating this
language menu in a templavoila template?

Many thanks!

Jorge Lino