[TYPO3] HTML 4.01 Strict?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 26 14:13:32 CEST 2006

Matthew Manderson schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Anybody running TYPO3 in HTML 4.01 STRICT doctype?
>
> It seems not as easy as it looks. Any advice welcome.

The obvious problem are the extra slashes in tags like <br/>. You could
simply remove them with a regexp at the end of the rendering (there is a hook).

I think that TYPO3 only adheres to strict for XHTML so, you must do a trick
here:

# custom docytpe
config.doctype = <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">
# rendering doctype
config.xhtmlDoctype = xhtml_strict

Now TYPO3 will not generate any old style attributes.

Are there any other issues?

Masi