[TYPO3] Third try: Print a list of image filenames to the page?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:46:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/24/06, Mike <php at talkingspider.com> wrote:

> If I use the Files field, then I'm limited to only one set of images
> per page (because a page can only have one Files list, right?)  If I
> did it as a content item I could to multiple.
>
> But I'm so desperate at this point- I'll take that actually.  If you
> can show me how to do it in such a way that I can pull the list of
> files from the parent page's file list (leveluid:-1) that would be
> good enough, I think.
>
> Actually even better- if it could recursively go up the page tree
> until it finds a page with files in it's files list, and generate the
> list of files in that list.  (Check leveluid:-1 then if no files,
> check leveluid:-2.... etc)

Well, you can do that with 'slide' using 'levelfield' (search the
datatype reference [1] for 'slide').

But if you want to use content elements--I didn't see your reason for
wanting to do so in your other threads--just use a CONTENT cobject
[2]. CONTENT works something like this:

page.10 = CONTENT
page.10 {
  table = tt_content
  table = tt_content

  ### Get some records:
  ###
  select {
    pidInList = this
    orderBy = sorting
  }

  ### Render all or part of those records:
  ###
  renderObj = HTML
  renderObj {
    value {
      dataWrap = {field:foo},
    }
  }
}

CONTENT also has a property called 'slide', so you should be able to
walk up the roootline to get content when a page has none of its own.

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/2/2/
[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/9/