[TYPO3] PROPOSED EXTENSION for Google's shopping cart called Checkout

Charles Coleman c.coleman at rapidfyre.net
Fri Sep 22 19:48:41 CEST 2006

Now HERE is something well worth making an extension for!  First, what is
Google Checkout and the Google Checkout API?  Read here to find out more:
http://checkout.google.com/sell

If we supported Google Checkout, I believe we could be listed on the list of
Google Checkout supported shopping carts shown here... please correct me if
I am wrong.  This would bring us a great amount of interested web traffic
wanting to integrate Google Checkout.
http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate.html

There are also incentives for doing integrating it :)
https://services.google.com/inquiry/checkout_merchant_referrals

Google Checkout is a fairly new service but will soon be prevalent on the
web due to the ease of use for customers registering their information only
once.  It will then "follow" them to every Google Checkout enabled shopping
cart.  We have a great opportunity to attact many new customers to Typo3 by
showing our progressive approach to web technology.

I discussed this in the typo3.projects.tt-products news group... here is a
quote from that discussion...

<!-- Begin Quote -->
The best thing is to make an extension [for Google Checkout] implementing
tx_paymentlib, which  is a eneralization of online payment methods.

This will make integration of online payments in extension XYZ much easier
and can be done in a more "clean" way.

I know Franz Holzinger is looking for funds to integrate tx_paymentlib with
tt_products.
<!-- End Quote -->

So.... what do you think?  Is this a worthy extension or am I full of hot
air?