[TYPO3] Wrap content elemts as determined by content writer

Lucas Birk tlist at birkit.com
Fri Sep 22 19:44:44 CEST 2006

I am not sure I fully understand the select in TS.
I have been reading for days now but I don't see how to select the
bodytext and the tx_birkclass_custom_class from TS.
It would seem there is no way to loop through them with this:
styles.content >
  # get content
styles.content.get = CONTENT
styles.content.get {
  table = tt_content
  select.orderBy = sorting
  select.where = colPos=0
  select.languageField = sys_language_uid
 # renderObj.20 = TEXT
  #renderObj.20.field = tx_birkclass_custom_class
  #renderObj.21 = TEXT
  #renderObj.21.field = bodytext
}
#Pseudo
[Condition: tx_birkclass_custom_class = {$constan1}]
  renderObj.stdWrap.wrap = <div class="$constan1">|</div>
[else]

I thought I could just have a condition before renderObj but I can't see
how to get the value of tx_birkclass_custom_class.
The next thing is: Will this match each element or make all elements
have the same class?

Perhaps this is not the best way to do it. It would seem so easy with
php but I have no idea how to return the "real" content rather than
"news_item" or some other reference :)

Thanks.