[TYPO3] So many calendars to choose from....

Nagita Karunaratne Nagita.k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 14:01:34 CEST 2006

Jamie Lawrence Jenner wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I ahve been lookign at event calendars, and wow there are loads.
>
> I have been testing a few of them, but i was wondering what the 'best' one
> is?
>
> what are peoples views? what recommendations can you guys make?

Hi Jamie,

I installed Calendar Base (cal) and it was relatively simple to do,
powerful and easy to style. It does have a lot of features and I think
getting a little bloated.

I think a lot of feature requests are implemented and it probably has a
large memory footprint.

For example, if you want to list a set of upcoming events for a band I
would not use this extension.

I would like a simple calendar with single views

eg cal_month - just the month view

or cal_list - just a list view

that would require less memory, load faster.

TYPO3 may require lost of RAM but adding lots of extensions with large
libraries into memory (and with lots of opportunities to place
inefficient code) does not help either.

Rgds,
Nagita