[TYPO3] Newbie learning from book

Marco Gonzalez marco4t3 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 09:52:52 CEST 2006

Greetings!

  I'm new to Typo3 and would like to express appreciation for all the work being done.  I've also grown particularly fond of Kasper. Aren't we all a little bit madly inspired sometimes?  What fun would it be if we weren't?

  I'm trying to plot a learning path towards understanding Typo3, and catching up with you folks. I've done 2 of the tutorials and have acquired the only Typo3 book I can find in English, from Packt Publishing.

  As I am going through Chapter 3 of the book, I see that the book does not correspond to the installation of Typo3 I currently have.  In fact, I can't find the version the book is referring to.  If anyone knows how I might rectify what I read in the book to what is on the currently downloadable versions, would you please give me some advise?

  Best wishes!

  -Marco