[TYPO3] Trouble getting typo3 to point to the right domain

Merrillie Redden merrillie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:21:23 CEST 2006

Hi All

I am going stir crazy I have spent the last few days trying to solve the
following problem. I am really a front-end web content manager and very
rarely play with the setup of these things. As you will probably be able to
tell.

Typo3 has been installed on my hosting package using fantastico and is
located in merrillie.net
I want the cms for a different website called siteupdates.com.au I have the
basics up for my template and tried to point the siteupdates home directory
to siteupdates.com.au using the domain tool but havent managed to get it to
work. I have also tried various things using .htacess.

The last code was:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^siteupdates.com.au$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) www.merrillie.net/id=18 [L,R]

Basically my problem is this

the page that should be showing up on siteupdates.com.au isn't but can be
seen through www.merrillie.net/id=18

I was trying to follow the steps on
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/current/view/1/9/

This is a three step process:

**

   -

   Make sure that the DNS of all domains point to your webserver
   (trivial, non-TYPO3 related issue)
   -

   Configure your web server to direct all requests for the three domains
   to the directory with the TYPO3-website (.../quickstart/) - now a visit to
   any of the three domains will end on the "FC Bigfeet" main site.
   -

   Finally create a domain record for each domain you want to end up on
   the "Fan Club" website.

looked easy enough :-(
Any suggestions please? joomla and drupal didn't really appeal typo3 is more
like the content management systems I am used to.