[TYPO3] Re: [Typo3] Creating 2 Independent Menus

tom613 tom at 555webdesign.com
Tue Sep 19 08:08:12 CEST 2006

Simon Weber wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I have a question about the creation of a somewhat complex menu.
 >
 > |_Page1|
 > |      |_Page1.1|
 > |      |        |_Page.1.1.1
 > |      |        |_Page.1.1.2
 > |      |     |      |_Page1.2|
 > |      |        |_Page.1.2.1
 > |      |        |_Page.1.2.2
 > |      |
 > |      |_Page1.3|
 > |      |        |_Page.1.3.1
 > |      |        |_Page.1.3.2
 > |      |
 > |      |_Page1.4|
 > |               |_Page.1.4.1
 > |               |_Page.1.4.2
 > |
 > |_Page2|
 > |      |_Page2.1|
 > |      |        |_Page.2.1.1
 > |      |        |_Page.2.1.2
 > |      |        |_Page.2.1.3
 > |      |
 > |      |_Page2.2|
 > |      |        |_Page.2.2.1
 > |      |        |_Page.2.2.2
 > |      |        |_Page.2.2.3
 > |      |
 > |      |_Page2.3|
 >                 |_Page.2.3.1
 >                 |_Page.2.3.2
 >                 |_Page.2.3.3
 >
 > The intention is to create 2 menus, each having 2 levels.
 >
 > The first should be shown all the time, it should display the
Subpages of Page1.
 > On click it should open the second level.
 >
 > The second menu should be shown as soon as the visitor accesses a
subpage of Page2 for the first time.
 > If the visitor is on a subpage of Page2 this menu should display all
subpages of the current Page.

 > The largest problem here is that the menus have to be independent
from another.
 > This means that if a visitor is on Page2.2.1, the second menu is
displayed (showing the subpages of Page2.2), and he then clicks on the
first menu, the second one should remain visible and folded open.

 > greets
 > Simon

I have the same problem.

I would like to have three "subsites" and a menu left, showing all the
pages belonging to the certain subsite. There's one menu though with a
"about us", "news", "contact", etc pages which should be visible to all
the subsites. the problem is although when one of the "top"-pages is
clicked, the menu left disappears...or shows only one "static menu".
How can these pages know which menu they have to show? (maybe I
expressed myself too complicated...)

Here is my pagetree:

root

|---TOPMENU
|     |- ABOUT US
|     |- NEWS
|     |- CONTACT

|---SUBPAGE1
|     |- SUBPAGE1.1
|     |- SUBPAGE1.2
|     |- SUBPAGE1.3

|---SUBPAGE2
|     |- SUBPAGE2.1
|     |- SUBPAGE2.2
|     |- SUBPAGE2.3

|---SUBPAGE3
|     |- SUBPAGE3.1
|     |- SUBPAGE3.2
|     |- SUBPAGE3.3

With one page it works great, but how can I make the left menu
(entrylevel = subpage) stay...?
any help apreciated,

Tom