[TYPO3] Change Frame (Content Border) Labels

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Sep 18 00:15:33 CEST 2006

Hello Joseph,

> I want to change the label on frames (content borders) from the
> defaults to something representing how I styled them with CSS.
>
> I was able to do this by modifying typo3/sysext/cms/locallang_ttc.xml
> but needless to say, there are two problems: it impacts all sites and
> it needs to be redone during a Typo3 upgrade.
>
> I was trying to find a way to do the change in TypoScript but so far
> have been unsuccessful. Any pointers? Thanks!

In Page TSconfig on your website rootpage (tutorial TSconfig).

Code like this

TCEFORM.tt_content.section_frame {
     removeItems = 1,5,10,11,12,21
     altLabels.6 = Rens under
     altLabels.20 = hoyre boks ramme
}

In this code I remove the two first choices (Invisible and Ruler before)
rename the third one, remove the three next one, rename the 7th one and remove
the last one.

If you are going to rename all eight, this is the code

TCEFORM.tt_content.section_frame {
     altLabels.1 = something
     altLabels.5 = something
     altLabels.6 = something