[TYPO3] TYPO3 viable as eCommerce system for Amazon-like webshop?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Sep 13 09:30:25 CEST 2006

Hi!

Volker Graubaum wrote:
> just a short answer :-)
>
>> newest is commerce but it is not ready for product yet.
>
> That's wrong. Also we've a few bugs left, before we are going to make
> the release in the TER, we've already about 10 Shops online and working.
> The first one for about 9 month already, one of the last ones, a danish
> book shop. ( www.libris.dk )

I treat extension as ready for production when it is officially
released. This is normal for software world. For example, noone will
install Windows Vista for normal use right now even though its testing
is almost finished. Reason is simple: it is not released yet, so admins
will not take a risk.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/