[TYPO3] Urgent help needed

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:15:33 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 9/12/06, rocky <rockyo at max-source.com> wrote:
> rocky wrote:
> > Hey list,
> >
> > I do not know why one of my live website designed by typo3 version 4.0.1
> > give me the following warning:
> >
> > Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
> > result resource in
> > /home/maxsour/public_html/typo3_src-4.0.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php on
> > line 801

<huge snip>

Several pieces of advice for when you're seeking help first:

1. Post small, RELEVANT samples of error messages. If you have 200
lines of the same or similar errors, there is no need to include ALL
of them (think how much bandwidth you waste sending this much junk to
thousands of list subscribers!)

2. Do NOT post the same message a) to multiple lists, or b) to the
same list after only a very short period of time. There's the
bandwidth issue again, plus it's just plain annoying.

3. Provide some INFORMATION! Really, what do you expect anyone to tell
you to do about such generic errors? When did they start? What was the
last thing you did before they started? What have you tried to do
about the problem so far? Did it help? Did it make the problem worse?
We know nothing about the problem because you have told us NOTHING.
The best anybody can do is guess at this point.

Please read the following guidelines about asking for help on
technical mailing lists:

Now, to your problem:

The problem is with an sql query, right? This much is obvious from the
error messages. This gives you a few good options for debugging the
problem:

1. Check your webserver's error logs--do they say anything helpful? If
there are specific errors that you don't understand, post them to the
list--this is the kind of information that may be useful.

2. Roll back any changes you've made to the database recently to see
if the problem disappears. In practice this can be achieved by simply
de-activating recently installed extensions (which will not then query
the db). Repeat as necessary.

3. Add the following line somewhere to localconf.php (this item could
stand to be better documented--it's hard to find):

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['sqlDebug'] = 1;

Once you've done that, go to the page where the problem occurs in the
BE and switch to the List module. You'll get a debug table showing the
actual mysql errors. This should probably allow you to pin down the
extension or component that's at the root of the problem.

-Christopher