[TYPO3] TYPO3 viable as eCommerce system for Amazon-like webshop?

rocky rockyo at max-source.com
Wed Sep 13 03:28:10 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
>> Basically, we have these extra needs/wishes, that we're hoping we
>> might meet/fullfill if we use TYPO3:

> Do you want to make it yourself? Typo3 is capable of all it but learning
> curve is long. This project will not be for one day or week for
> experienced typo3 developer.
>
> You need to understand that it will be a complex project. No idea about
> osCommerce (is it still alive?) but one can do it with typo3 if he has
> enough knowledge and time.
>
> Looking at your list, it seems that guestbook fits better than forums if
> you want discussions for individual books (amazon style). And I really
> doubt you want any ajax functionality there.

Hey,

I did a amzon webshop in pure php for one of my clients since he needs
it urgently. After doing that I'm thinking of develop an extension for
amzon system. I'm planing to do it from now. But since I'm going to do
it using my spare time. It maybe very slow. It is good to know someone
else wants the same feature. If you would like to talk about it more you
can send me an email.

Thanks,
Rocky