[TYPO3] wrap content

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Sep 12 12:16:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

Akos Horvath wrote:
> I always have problem with wrapping elements.

You need to understand how TS works.

> I would like typo to wrap
> the rightcontent (styles.content.getRight) in a DIV, but only if it
> contains something (ie not empty). I tried with this:
>
> lib.rightcontent = HTML

Ok, so "lib.rightcontent" is HTML

> lib.rightcontent < styles.content.getRight

Now you copied "styles.content.getRight" to it and it became CONTENT
because "styles.content.getRight" is CONTENT. Thus your previous line is
discarded. So it was not needed at all.

> lib.rightcontent.wrap = <div class="rightdiv"> | </div>

Checking TSRef at
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/9/
yes, "wrap" property exists. It will always wrap.

> PLUS I tried with
>
> lib.rightcontent.wrap.required = 1

Checking "wrap" type: it is "wrap", not "stdWrap", so "required"
property does not exist for it.

> BUT it always wraps if the content is empty or not

Correct behavior with your TS. You need to use stdWrap instead of wrap.
Try this TS:

lib.rightcontent < styles.content.getRight
lib.rightcontent.stdWrap.wrap = <div class="rightdiv"> | </div>
lib.rightcontent.stdWrap.required = 1

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/