[TYPO3] GIFBUILDER and Czech characters (ISO backend!)

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 12 11:26:08 CEST 2006

Hi Masi,

At the moment it seems that no conversion is taking place at all. The
characters that are displayed are the corresponding characters from
iso-8859-1 instead of ISO-8859-2. I assumed that setting the rendercharset
would force a mapping of iso codes to the corresponding utf-8 (which are in
the font). So for instance the Czech charactercode #F8 (248) would map to
#0159 (latin small letter r with caron). Instead the character ø is
displayed which is the iso-8859-1 character with code #F8. Am I making a
wrong assumption regarding conversion of charsets?

Albert