[TYPO3] Fw: sr_feuser_register installation question -- cannot get registration page to work yet

Johannes Künsebeck hnes_k at gmx.de
Sun Sep 10 23:27:55 CEST 2006

Anthony Caskey schrieb:
> Dear Typo3 English List Users:
>
> My name is Tony Caskey. I am trying to install sr_feuser_register onto my site.
>
> So far I have found some success -- the login page seems to be working, or at least the login form shows up when I display that page.
>
> However, when I try to run the registration page, a registration form does not appear. Instead, the page shows only what the GLUECK template specifies, nothing more.
>
> My question is: must I setup or modify a template that accompanies the FE USER Old Style static template from extensions, or should some default appear if I have followed Mr. Stanislaus' instructions correctly? If there is a template I must modify, what is it called? The online documentation explains more about what to do if the CSS option, not the Old Style option, is selected.
>
> Here is how my site is currently configured.
>
> The configuration of the home page:
>
>     In the "include static" secton of the template I have selected GLUECK and the cSet stylesheet.
>     In the "Include static (from extensions)" I have selected FE USER Old Style and Static Info Tables extension tables.
>
> These are the constants I have set on the home page template:
>
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.userGroupUponRegistration = 1
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.userGroupAfterConfirmation = 2
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.pid = 38
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.loginPID = 66
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.registerPID = 67
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.editPID = 68
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.confirmPID = 69
>     plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.formFields = username, password, gender, first_name, last_name, status, date_of_birth, email, address, city, zone,         static_info_country, zip, telephone, fax, language, title, company, www, module_sys_dmail_html, module_sys_dmail_category, image, comments, disable
> plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.requiredFields = username,password,first_name,last_name,email
>
> Clear constants, clear setup and rootlevel are all checked.
>
> Underneath the home page at the bottom of the site I have my system folder and pages beneath.
>
>     Home Page
>         .
>         other pages
>         .
>         System Folder
>             Login Page
>             User Registration
>             Edit Profile
>             Confirmation Page

The Login Page, User Registration, etc should be under a *real* page not inside a System Folder. A
sys-folder isn't visible on your site. It's purpose is a place to save site-wide data (like
news,adresses, or *fe-users*). So you need the sys-folder only to store the fe-users.

In the template section of the Login Page you have to write

	plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.pid = ID of the sys-folder
	plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.confirmPID = ID of the Confirmation Page

and so on...