[TYPO3] Typo3 Taking too much memory?

Nils Meyer meyer at hauptsache.net
Fri Sep 8 15:29:45 CEST 2006

Hi Amir,

Amir M. wrote:
> Is this true that Typo3 takes up lots of mysql processess and memory?
> How can I relieve this?  Is there a solution?  If this is indeed the
> case, how do you guys deal with this?  If it is the case, I would assume
> people need several servers to run a typo3 site... :(

Disable the use_pconnect setting in the install tool. This should help
with your memory issues as mysql allocates a certain amount of cache
memory for every thread. You should also have a look into your my.cnf
file and maybe reduce cache sizes (will affect performance though...).
Switching to apache2 with worker mpm and php via FastCGI will probably
also help a lot.

And yes, typo3 takes up quite some memory...

regards
Nils