[TYPO3] Extensions and GPL

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Sep 8 10:06:52 CEST 2006

Nagita Karunaratne schrieb:
> On 9/8/06, Peter Russ <peter.russ at 4many.net> wrote:
>> Bjoern Kraus schrieb:
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > Starting developing our own extension we wondered whether a new
>> > extension for TYPO3 has to be automatically licensed under the GPL.
>> IMHO
>> > as long as we don't change TYPO3's or any extension's code inside it's
>> > files, every extension that USES the TYPO3-Framework (includes hooks
>> and
>> > xclasses) can be licensed in any way we want. Is that right?
>>
>> Extension HAS to be GPL, but...
>>

> Are you absolutely sure?
As you know there are always exceptions.You can select any
GPL-compatible one ;-)

Kidding.

Frankly speaking.
If you "include" a non-GPL STANDALONE application then you free to
choose the licencse. But you should check the archieve: there are tons
of threads that already discussed that in detail.

Regs. Peter.

--
Fiat lux!
Docendo discimus.